Complete the form on this page or the home page, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I offer a free 15-minute consultation to learn about your goals for therapy, help determine if we will be a good match, and answer any questions you may have. Please note that this consultation is not a therapy session.
All sessions are held online through a secure video platform for the foreseeable future. Virtual therapy has many benefits such as comfort and convenience. As well, virtual therapy allows for service to clients all across Ontario.
Some insurance plans require a doctor’s referral to receive psychotherapy coverage; please check with your insurance provider regarding the details of your plan. If your insurance plan does not require a doctor’s referral, or you intend to pay for sessions directly, please contact me by email at email@example.com if you are interested in working together.
The price per session is $130. Each session is one hour in length. I also offer a reduced rate for lower income individuals/families; please contact me for details. Payments are accepted by e-transfer, Visa, or Mastercard, and a receipt will be issued for your records.
Psychotherapy is not covered by OHIP at this time. However, there may be coverage for psychotherapy services under employee/workplace/private health insurance benefits. Please check with your employer or insurance provider to determine if your health benefits cover psychotherapy. If your insurance plan covers registered psychotherapy, you can submit the receipts for reimbursement.
Psychotherapy is a regulated profession in Ontario under the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario of which I am a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) member (license # 12737).
Notice of cancellation must be at least 24 hours before the scheduled session start time. If the session is cancelled the same day or you are late or do not attend, you are financially responsible for the session.
- Attend scheduled sessions on time
- Speak as openly and honestly as you can
- Practice new approaches to dealing with issues, such as breathing techniques, mindfulness, journaling, awareness of thoughts, and sitting with feelings
- Return ready to discuss how new approaches may or may not have worked
- Contact me as soon as possible if you cannot make your scheduled appointment
Confidentiality is essential for a healthy relationship between client and therapist. As a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying), I receive ongoing supervision from an experienced Registered Psychotherapist and share my notes with them. There are a few exceptions outlined below regarding confidentiality for legal purposes.
- If you inform me that you are going to harm yourself or someone else, I am required to do anything I can to reasonably prevent this from happening
- If a child is abused and/or neglected, I am required to report that to the police
- If a vulnerable adult is abused or neglected, a report may be filed with the appropriate governmental agency
- If a subpoena by a court of law requires disclosure from me and your counselling records, I will provide that as necessary
The first session involves a thorough intake including the reasons you are seeking therapy, an overview of your current life, family history, health and lifestyle, and social and sexual development questions. This intake is required as part of maintaining professional practice standards, helps to alleviate the nerves of the first session, and to develop a rapport.
To prepare for our online session, the following suggestions may help:
- Situate yourself in a comfortable, private, safe space, with good lighting
- Bring a beverage, tissues, a notepad, and pen
- Minimize distractions by letting housemates know you will be unavailable for the session
- Ensure the computer or device is on a stable surface to minimize camera movement
- Put your phone on silent to avoid interruptions
- Log on a few minutes ahead of time to ensure device, camera, and microphone are working well (and to avoid updates or restarts)
- Use a secure internet connection
- Schedule time to reflect after therapy before reconnecting with your housemates